5 Rules Responsible Taverns should abide.
1. Print the reminder poster (below) that "friends don't leave friends alone."
2. Have staff watch doorways so that you're always aware of who enters and exits.
3. Don't let intoxicated patrons leave alone. Make their friend(s) leave too.
3. Don't bounce them out if problematic. Better to call police, in the long run....that's for their safety, and possibly others.
4. Don't lock doors prior to closing. You can stop serving, but you may be locking someone out, without their coats or friends...in the case they stepped out for a smoke, and cannot get back in.
5. Be responsible. If they've had too many, stop serving them.